Friday, March 20, 2009

This Morning on My Bike

I am not always delight with bike usability in Cupertino, buth this morning there was room for optimism.  In travelling through Cupertino each morning I get a little frustrated with construction sites that take away bike lanes for weeks on end with no signage or the number of unsafe riders on cell phones or carry shopping bags on their hadlebars, or the crazy student drivers near De Anaza College. 

However this morning I felt releived that some form of bike justice was done.  I was travelling east on Stevens Creek Blvd. crossing De Anaza Blvd. just as the light turned green.  As the traffic started to pull away from the light a car decided to make an unplanned and unsignaled right turn (more popularly known as the right hook).  As he cut infront of me makeing his right, I pulled out my only weapon.....my middle finger.  Just as I was crossing the intersection, I noticed a Santa Clara County Sheriff motorcycle cop on the other side of the intersection.  Nice.  Score one ticket for the city of Cupertion and hopefully a safer driver in the futer.

No comments: